Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rules were made to be broken


"Rules were made to be broken."
When I first look at this assignment, I have no idea which one should I pick to break, and not getting kick out of school or going jail for breaking. 
Then one day, when I was eating my dinner, I come up with a really good idea, and about couple rules to break. In our family tradition, we are not allow to talk or do anything during our eating time. Specially my dad, he's really trick about these rules. His mother taught him that doing anything while eating is a disrespect for those who make the food.
 I'm not allow to talk, watch movie, listen to music or anything else while I'm eating. I have to focus on the food, eat and taste it, respect the one who cooked it. Then I thought about this assignment while I'm eating my dinner, and asking myself why not break it? 
I can't do it alone, so I have to ask for help, which is from my brother. First we brought all the food to the table, sat down. Then I brought my phone to pick a random movie to watch. We were eating, watching and discussing about the movie. 
It was fun, but I can see why my dad doesn't allow us to do it. Normally we focus on our food, the taste of it. But now focus on watching and talking, it took away the taste of the food that we are eating.
I can barely feel anything about the food we were eating. By doing this assignment, It allow me to experienced something that I haven't done before.
"Rules were make to be broken." 
But breaking rules, will bring consequences, even how small and impact those rules are. They were make for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment